Trade in goods by economic sectors (NOGA)
The statistics by economic sector combine two major statistical domains, business statistics and ITGS. Specifically, this new domain answers questions such as:
- What is the share of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to total trade?
- What kind of businesses are behind the trade flows of goods?
- What is the contribution of a particular activity sector to trade?
- To what extent is the trade concentrated on certain companies?
- What significance does foreign trade have for the individual economic sectors?
Foreign trade by activity sector and enterprise size
Foreign trade by activity sector and employment size class shows the contributions of economic activities and size classes (measured in number of employees) to total trade. This allows the impact of international trade on employment to be analysed and the importance of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) to be estimated.
Concentration of foreign trade by activity
International trade being typically dominated by a few businesses, this indicator shows the share of the total trade accounted for by the top 5, 10, 20, etc. companies.
Trade by export intensity
Export intensity categorises enterprises according to the importance of foreign markets in their sales. It refers to the share of exports in total turnover.