While ethanol for consumption purposes is always taxed, it can also be used tax-free for industrial purposes (e.g. pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, etc.). Companies that wish to use untaxed ethanol require a permit from the Alcohol and Tobacco Division (A AT).

For this purpose just send an email to



Alcohol and tobacco division

Ethanol department

Print contact