The Federal Council has announced measures to support businesses in connection with Covid-19. With immediate effect, the Federal Customs Administration is implementing the following measures to relieve the burden on its corporate clients:
- In the case of instalment payments, flexibility with regard to clients' financial situation
- Waiving of additional security in the event of too little being provided
- Reimbursement of cash deposits in the event of too much security being provided
- Suspension of all payment reminders
- Waiving of reminder fees and default interest
- Suspension of enforcement proceedings until 4 April 2020
The payment timeframes will not be changed. Customers generally have to comply with the applicable payment timeframes in the various areas.