You have various options for declaring your goods to customs when you arrive in Switzerland by train.
You can clear the goods you are carrying with you using the QuickZoll customs declaration app. You also have the following options:
- If there are customs agents in the train, all goods you are carrying must be spontaneously declared. The verbal declaration is binding.
- If no customs agents are present, you can:
- - get off the train at the border train station and declare your personal goods in writing (written self-declaration at a declaration box); or
- - declare the goods for clearance at a later date (within 7 days) at any customs office during opening hours
On certain regional trains, you may only carry personal goods with you that:
- are within the duty-free allowances and the tax-free limit of CHF 300; or
- you have cleared with the QuickZoll app.
Please pay attention to the symbols on the train or the loudspeaker announcements.
You must declare goods that are subject to restrictions, authorisations or bans (e.g. weapons, live animals and products governed by species protection) at a border crossing attended by FCA staff.