1. You enter Switzerland carrying personal goods
If there are customs agents in the train, all goods you are carrying must be spontaneously declared. The verbal declaration is binding.
If no customs agents are present and you do not want to use the QuickZoll app for customs clearance, you can do the following:
- get off the train at the border train station and declare your personal goods in writing (written self-declaration at a declaration box); or
- declare the goods for clearance at a later date (within 7 days) at any customs office during opening hours.
Please note: On certain regional trains, you may only carry personal goods with you that:
- are within the duty-free allowances and the tax-free limit of CHF 300; or
- you cleared with the QuickZoll app.
In both cases, the goods must not be subject to any restrictions and bans, and they must not require a certificate or authorisation.
Please pay attention to the symbols on the train or the loudspeaker announcements.
2. You enter Switzerland carrying merchandise
You can find information on importing comercial merchandise in trains in the «rail traffic» section under «Information companies».