Basing ourselves on e-dec Import we have developed e-dec Easy for small consignments. With a shorter import customs declaration you can declare duty-free consignments, even when value added tax (VAT) has to be paid.
The following criteria must be fulfilled together (cumulatively):
- the gross mass (effective weight of goods with packaging, filling material and product carriers) does not exceed kg 1000;
- value added tax value (remuneration/market value at the destination) does not exceed CHF 1,000;
- the consignment is not subject to non-customs legislative instruments;
- the consignment is not subject to any permit obligations; and
- import duties (without VAT) do not exceed CHF 5.
If any one of these conditions is not met, you must declare your consignment using e-dec Import.
Exclusions from e-dec Easy
Goods declared with special forms (e.g. household effects) or customs procedures requiring authorisation (e.g. processing traffic) must be declared with e-dec Import.
Further, transfer of the payment of tax (value added tax transfer process) is ruled out.
Similarly, provisional assessments are not available with e-dec Easy, as comprehensive data are required for those (e.g. customs tariff heading and rate of duty).